Welcome to Avaya’s Twelve Communication Trends for 2012.
The IT landscape is rapidly changing. To keep up, you need to be both a sprinter and a marathoner. Here are some of the impacting factors:
- 72% of organizations are permitting employee-owned devices;
- 80% of the Fortune 100 have adopted iPads and 88% are deploying iPhones;
- 34% of security breaches come from employee laptops;
- 29% are coming from other mobile devices;
- 70% of the drivers for managed and hosted services are due to the complexity and technical expertise required to support UC Federation and video;
- 63% of enterprises are either deploying or have strategic plans in place around social media.
Hi, this is Diane Royer. This is our third year producing this report and we’ve found that it helps our clients and the industry gain another perspective of what communication changes are coming, how they impact your IT operations, and most importantly, how you can mitigate the risks while taking advantage of the opportunities. This year, we engage a larger pool of thought leaders, including an external industry analyst, Avaya labs expertise, consultants, and service leaders.
We’re excited to share this with you. You can click on the buttons on the left to hear from the external industry analyst or from our Avaya experts. Have a good day!